Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Different Type of Road Hazard

Today I did my lunch time ride around Lander University. As I was riding down Wilson St. a student was crossing infront of me. I gauged how fast she was walking and began to make adjustment to my direction. It would be safer to pass her on the left, so I look over my shoulder to check for cars and started to swerve to the left to miss the pedestrian. I turn around and I am completely shocked at what I see. She stopped at the yellow line to let me pass before she finished crossing the road. I made a quick course correction to keep from ploughing in to her and as I passed she made that nervous laugh like she wasn't sure what I was doing. I should have apologized for startling her and let her know I wasn't used to pedestrians seeing me much less stopping and giving me the right of way like that, but I was too shocked to say anything. So if by some chance you end up reading this, the crazy guy on the bike was not trying to run you down, play chicken, or trying to do something funny to get your attention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home